Our Client a leading Local bank is seeking a Senior Commerical Officer to join their team of professionals.
- To participate in meetings with customers and evaluate financing proposals.
- Approve or decline applications or submit recommendations to the Corporate/ Commercial Relationship Manager in accordance with the Bank’s lending guidelines, procedures and regulations;
- To support the Corporate/ Commercial Relationship Manager in the management, monitoring, controlling, reviewing and servicing of the portfolio of Corporate/ Commercial customers;
- Negotiating with customers the best terms and conditions possible for the Bank;
- To identify and contact potential customers with the aim of winning new business and to meet annual targets set in terms of growth in the lending portfolio and generation of ancillary income;
- To mentor, coach and support staff reporting directly or indirectly to him/her;
- To prepare returns, reports, statistics and other ad hoc reports relating to Credit facilities as required from time to time;
- To sell advances products as well as cross-sell other products and services to customers;
- To prepare Credit applications for the review of facilities whilst also ensure the timely provision of security required and contribute towards the perfection of the security held by the Bank including the registration in the LPS and liaising with the Credit Services Unit;
- To liaise with Advances Legal Unit and with customers in order to expedite pre-deed and post-deed legal formalities;
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Customer driven with strong focus on quality of service.
- Have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Be reliable, organised, meticulous and prepared to work under pressure.
- Preferrably possess a minimum of two years working experience in Commercial Banking.
Education & Experience
Ideally possess or is in the process of obtaining a professional qualification in a relevant area such as banking, finance, accounting, risk, compliance or related field.
- Subsidies Bank Loans
- Health and Life Insurance
- Flexible working hours
Job Reference: WR458
Banking Jobs in Malta entail the provision of financial advice to both commercial and private clients within banks and other organisations within the finance industry. Jobs in Banking within this sector include consumer and corporate lending, credit management, investment jobs and risk evaluation.