Our client, an international trade finance bank, listed on the Malta Stock Exchange and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority, is looking to recruit a Regulatory Reporting Supervisor.
The appointed candidate will form part of a small team whereby responsibilities would be as follows:
- Focus specifically on prudential regulation and supervision by local and foreign authorities.
- The preparation of all regulatory and statistical information.
- The interpretation and application of Banking Rules and similar Regulations.
- Collate and interpret data, to prepare statistics and financial analysis and to interpret rules.
- Learn about banking products, the application of accounting standards and practices in the banking industry.
The role is ideal for candidates who are seeking a challenging career in banking regulation and accounting within the banking industry. The selected candidate will be given the opportunity to develop technical and professional skills, to develop oneself, to work in an ethical and professional environment and to work for a dynamic and evolving organization.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum 2 years post-qualification working experience in banking regulation or banking advisory;
- Proficient in spreadsheet application (MS Excel) and other MS Office applications
- Self-driven and committed to meet set targets and deadlines
- Apply analytical thinking and adapt to change
- Be keen to develop skills and enhance knowledge
- An avid team-player with a commitment to assist and cooperate with other team members; and
- Excellent communication skills in English and Maltese
Education & Experience
In possession of a Masters Degree in Accountancy or Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Banking and Finance or equivalent;
Job Reference: DS859
Banking Jobs in Malta entail the provision of financial advice to both commercial and private clients within banks and other organisations within the finance industry. Jobs in Banking within this sector include consumer and corporate lending, credit management, investment jobs and risk evaluation.