A very interesting new opportunity for a Financial Reporting & Taxation Officer has become available within the Malta office of a specialised international bank, focused on provision of savings and investment services.
The chosen candidate shall report to the Financial Reporting & Taxation Manager.
- Preparing corporate income tax and other tax returns (e.g. VAT and WHT) and assisting with tax queries and other returns
- Compiling statutory financial statements and assisting throughout the audit process of the various Group entities
- Ensuring that adequate reconciliations governing the general ledger accounts are being prepared on a regular basis
- Reviewing bank reconciliations to ensure that underlying accounting records are being appropriately maintained
- Reviewing suspense, inter-company and similar types of accounts to ensure that these are cleared accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintaining the general ledger of the core system, including opening of new general ledger accounts and modification of account settings
- Documenting and maintaining the Finance department’s policies and procedures
- Reviewing the position and financial performance of the legal entities within the Group including analysing and interpreting data and comparing actual results with plans and forecasts.
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate shall be ACCA qualified or currently studying towards their full ACCA qualification;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Previous experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
- Team player;
- Able to handle changing priorities.
Banking Jobs in Malta entail the provision of financial advice to both commercial and private clients within banks and other organisations within the finance industry. Jobs in Banking within this sector include consumer and corporate lending, credit management, investment jobs and risk evaluation.