A new opportunity for a Finance Officer has become available within the Malta office of a specialised international bank, focused on provision of savings and investment services.
The chosen candidate shall report to the Finance Manager.
- Preparing daily and monthly management reports for the business;
- Working closely with the business to understand transactions executed, market developments and new business activity;
- Supporting the analysis, process changes and implementation of new products and strategies;
- Working with credit analysts and risk management teams to understand current processes and procedures and recommend improvements to the product control infrastructure;
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS9 requirements for all products including expected credit losses, accounting classification and measurement and relevant disclosures;
- Reviewing general ledger transactions related to daily activity and trading of financial instruments for a large portfolio of senior secured loans, revolving credit facilities and other new products;
- Performing periodic review of loan accounting system data integrity;
- Assisting with the preparation of comprehensive analysis on movements in securities and detailed analytical review of Income Statement and Balance Sheet captions, for each reporting period;
- Assisting with the drafting of interim and annual financial statements pursuant to International Financial Reporting Standards and the Group accounting policies.
Education & Experience
- Fully qualified warranted accountant
- Good understanding of financial products and knowledge of IFRS9
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Meticulous; highly organised;
- A team player
Banking Jobs in Malta entail the provision of financial advice to both commercial and private clients within banks and other organisations within the finance industry. Jobs in Banking within this sector include consumer and corporate lending, credit management, investment jobs and risk evaluation.