Given the current situation, some employers are slowing down their recruitment efforts or putting them on hold for the time being. However, If you are interested in this vacancy, we are still interested in hearing from you. We are hopeful that the situation will change in the coming weeks.
As a Contract Management Specialist, you will report to the Head of Contract Management and Investment Planning for the execution of the contract management process. Achieving the best value for the company through the management of bidders, suppliers and execution of compliance in contract management processes.
- Accountable for the management of the short, medium and long-term plans for the contract management processes and practices, including identifying opportunities and targets to reduce costs and/or increase its performance through best practices.
- Accountable for delivering Contract Management processes within an agreed budget while achieving agreed objectives and performance targets
- Advises and assists the Head of Contract Management and Investment Planning on development and operation of Contract Management processes;
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Procurement Policy throughout the Company;
- Responsible for the execution of tender processes in line with corporate, Malta and European Union requirements;
- Responsible for the management of selected Suppliers and supplier contracts;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Contract Management Database;
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly adjudication and selection of the tendering process
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional teams as requested and/or where Contract Management can contribute.
- Keeps current on good practice in the Contract Management area through reading, training and participation with external groups or industry bodies
- Responsible to keep abreast with the process and practices of the procurement section and the status of ongoing work at procurement;
- Discharges any duties as, from time to time, may be assigned by the Head of Contract Management.
- General direction from the Head of Contract Management and investment planning
- Expected to work flexible hours in order to meet accountabilities and attend meetings after office hours;
- May be required to travel on company business
Experience and Qualifications
- Possess a relevant university qualification at a minimum bachelor’s degree level (MQF level 6) or higher in a relevant field;
- Knowledge of commercial law, gained through formal education (eg. Legal procurator) or experience in working with contracts management within a commercial environment would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Procurement processes and practices, Contract Management and/or compliance will be considered an asset;
- Good analytical capabilities with the skill to draw appropriate conclusions and present these to non-experts; able to use financial analysis tools (e.g. Excel & Oracle Financials);
- Lead the negotiation and management of suppliers;
- Prepare and present business presentations for audiences of up to Head level Personal Competencies
- Possess a strong Business Acumen;
- The ability to develop, manage and executive cost reduction exercises
- Good independent judgement with the ability to set priorities and make appropriate decisions;
- Have the ability to communicate and work effectively and professionally with people up to Head level both in person and in writing;
- You must demonstrate high integrity and with a strict confidentiality work ethic
- Have excellent skills in English, Maltese would also be preferred
- Currently living in Malta
Administrative Jobs & Clerical Jobs in Malta both aim to provide clerical and administrative support to businesses. Jobs in administration and clerical roles include admin, accounts administration, clerk, customer support, front office, office support, personal assistant and secretary roles.