One of our clients are currently looking to recruit a Senior Tax Consultant to join their tax department. They are open to considering qualified individuals with either an accounts background or alternatively lawyers who have specialised in the area of taxation. For the right candidate this role has clear scope for progression into a managerial role. The role may require travel from time to time.
- Carrying out assignments in taxation and related matters
- Drafting income tax and/or VAT advice
- Supporting senior personnel in the tax team to develop new service lines
- Preparing company and individual tax returns
- Processing of tax related forms
- Drafting tax engagement letters
- Preparation of tax refund or shareholder registration forms
- Reviewing of tax statements and assessments
- Reviewing tax computations
- Preparation of FATCA and CRS forms
- Promoting the firm at international conferences, including the delivering or presentations
- Representing clients before tax authorities
- Preparation of tax planning and estimates
Education and Experience:
- Previous local experience in a role specialising in tax is essential
- Candidates coming from an accounts background would need to be qualified accountants through ACCA or equivalent.
- Candidates coming from a legal background would need to be fully qualified lawyers, warranted under Maltese law with a specialization in tax.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered beneficial
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.