As a leading global player with expert industry knowledge and location specialists, our client is looking for a candidate who will be assigned to head the department servicing a growing portfolio of international holding and trading entities.
- Liaising with clients in order to deliver value added services according to their needs;
- Assisting and managing the team in keeping the books of account of the entities of our international client base and act as the point of reference for technical queries around IFRS and TAX related matters;
- Reviewing management accounts, financial statements and liaising with external auditors;
- Reviewing tax computations, income tax returns and VAT returns prior to submission;
- Supervising the accounting team, setting performance targets and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Reviewing back office output, fee recoverability and other team performance metrics;
- Keeping abreast of technical developments in IFRS as well as in Maltese and International tax legislation, also by attending relevant seminars and courses.
- Applicants must be qualified as an accountant with a minimum of five years working experience in a similar position
- Have strong knowledge of IFRS/ GAPSME and Maltese tax legislation
- Have a strong command of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills in English and Maltese are a must
- Deadline driven
- Analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
Job Reference: LS210
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.