Our client is seeking a Senior Credit & Treasury Officer to support the Senior Finance and Treasury Manager and work closely with the Risk and Compliance department in matters related to financial risk monitoring and reporting.
- Supervising the day-to-day finance and treasury function of the Bank;
- Assisting in the interim and annual audit processes and ensure that all stakeholders involved provide the auditors with all the required information in a timely manner.
- Being a key player in the compilation of monthly management accounts, including variance analysis, budget monitoring and other internal financial and business reporting as required.
- Assisting the Head of Finance and Treasury in any ad hoc assignments as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Supervising the work of the Finance Officers.
- Monitoring and control the quality of financial data in the relevant systems on an ongoing basis, whilst identifying areas for improvement and efficiency enhancement.
- Monitoring the performance of periodical system, bank and nostro reconciliations and ensure that any remedial action necessary is performed by the responsible staff without undue delays.
- Being responsible for the compilation of tax, VAT and other corporate returns.
- Ensuring that departmental manuals and procedures are always up to date.
- Monitoring the Bank’s liquidity positions to ensure sufficient available liquidity for operations whilst supporting ALCO in the maximisation of returns on excess liquidity in line with the Bank’s Treasury Management Policy.
- Participating actively in the day to day and long-term management of the Bank’s treasury book.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ related work experience preferably within the banking or financial sector.
- Be proactive in your approach and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Have an advanced working knowledge of Excel and a sound IT aptitude.
Education & Experience
Be in possession of an Accountancy Degree or qualification (applicants in the final stages of ACCA will also be considered).
Job Reference: DB967
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.