Our client is an international, group of companies providing a wide range of bespoke professional services to private individuals, families and international corporate clients. They are currently looking to grow their team of professionals and are looking to recruit a Senior Bookkeeper.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and assisting with the preparation of Trust and Company financial statements and management accounts.
- The posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers
- The preparation of loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts
- The reconciliation of bank and other ledger balances
- The calculation and accrual of company expenses
- Assisting with the compilation of management accounts
- Assisting with the transfer of trial balance information into the financial statements template
- The preparation of trust and company accounts
- The preparation of the associated working papers and evidencing balances to the financial statements
- Assisting with auditors queries
- Undertaking the annual review process of entities for which accounts have been prepared
- Liaising with other departments within the Group
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 1 year relevant local accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills in English & Maltese
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have a solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements
- Be a team player
- Have the ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision.
Education & Experience
A minimum of A-level standard of education in Accounting or hold an MCAST AAT Diploma.
Job Reference: HV931
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.