Our client is a well-established provider of Tax Advice, company Formation, Trust, and Corporate Services in Malta. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their dynamic team of professionals.
- Proper keeping of accounting records for a portfolio of international clients
- Preparation of management accounts and financial statements in accordance with the requirements of the International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS) and General Accounting Principles for Small and Medium-sized Entities (GAPSME)
- Fulfilling the Company's obligations under its Trustee license in terms of Compliance, as amended from time to time
- Management of an assigned portfolio of clients
- Fulfilling the Company's obligations in terms of Anti-Money Laundering/Combatting the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Legislation
- Preparing and presenting any requested or necessary compliance reports at the company's Board Meetings
- Carrying out such ad-hoc compliance audits as may be requested by the directors from time to time.
- Preparing files for auditors
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience in drafting and submission of tax returns and tax refund claims
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ambitious and highly motivated with an eye for detail
- Previous experience in firms regulated by MFSA firms will be considered a clear advantage
Education & Experience
- CPA warrant holder and ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- At least three years of experience in a similar environment
Working hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs - 8.00 - 17.00 Tues 8.00 - 16.00 Fri 8.00 - 15.30
Job Reference: FE970
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.