Our client is an international trade finance bank with an international network of offices. The Bank is headquartered in Malta, is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange, and regulated by the MFSA.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their Finance Department.
- Preparation of management accounts within deadlines and in accordance with international accounting standards
- Assistance with the preparation of consolidated accounts and reporting
- Review of ledger and bank reconciliations and valuations of investments
- Maintenance of registers for investments and related party transactions
- Preparation of valuations of assets and impairment assessment under IFRS 9
- Assistance in monitoring the performance through variance analysis
- Preparation of financial reporting to the parent company
- Preparation of disclosures and assistance with reviews of the published accounts
- Assistance with internal and external audits
- Monitor of the finance systems and assistance with improvements to processes and workflows
- Document procedures, accounting policies, external guidance, and controls related to accounting matters
- Ascertain conformity with accounting standards, regulations and financial reporting frameworks, carry out research and seek external guidance where required.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Hold previous experience within a finance function
- Have sound knowledge of IFRS reporting standards
- Holds excellent communication skills in both English and Maltese
- Proficient in Ms Excel and Ms Office applications
Education & Experience
In possession of a Masters in Accounting or ACCA qualification
- Health, Life & Personal Accident insurance cover
- Mortgage & Personal Loan interest subsidy
- Pension plan
- Commuting and Parking allowance
- Study Support scheme
- Fitness allowance
- Child care allowance
Job Reference: FZ208
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.