Our client is provides Insurance Management services to domestically authorised insurance providers. They provide a wide variety of services including compliance, risk management, insurance technical assistance, accounting and payroll services to its clients. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join its operations and assist in the management for the Accounts department.
- A managing a small team of persons to ensure that all deadlines are met;
- Processing of non-technical and technical information in accounting system;
- Performance and follow up of clients’ operating requirements including affecting payments and ensuring sufficient funds are available for operating purposes;
- Preparing management accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis;
- overview of the work prepared by the members of his team
- reporting to the Clients’ Board on a regular basis;
- Preparing financial statements;
- Liaising with the auditors and actuaries
- Liaising with other internal departments and external parties such as banks and auditors relevant to the operations and regulation of the company and its clients;
- Responding to clients’ ad-hoc queries;
- Preparing and submitting regulatory returns to the regulatory authorities;
- Strong Knowledge of IFRSs
- Performing any other duties that may be required for the smooth running of the finance department.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Should also have a minimum of two years’ experience in the insurance sector together with experience in Solvency II
- Expert knowledge in IFRSs including IFRS17
- Ability to commit to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly organised person
Education & Experience
Fully qualified accountant and CPA Warranted
Job Reference: US201
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.