Our client is provides Insurance Management services to domestically authorised insurance providers. They provide a wide variety of services including compliance, risk management, insurance technical assistance, accounting and payroll services to its clients. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join its operations and assist in the management for the Accounts department.
- Handling day to day operational requirements and clients’ requests
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of taxation and VAT returns and review before submission;
- Preparing and submitting regulatory returns to the competent authorities
- Liaising with auditors’ preparation of Financial Statements
- Dealing with audit queries and relating matters
- Responsible for delegation of tasks to junior accountants and review of work accordingly
- Technically develop the junior accountants
- Meeting with clients forming part of his/her portfolio and attending to their requests and queries
- Performance and follow up of clients’ operating requirements including affecting payments and ensuring sufficient funds are available for operating purposes
- Assisting in the preparation or updating of policies and procedures
- Liaising with other internal departments and external parties such as investment managers, actuaries, risk managers, compliance officers, company secretaries, banks, and Auditors relevant to the operations and regulation of the company and its clients.
- Liaising with the regulator on behalf of the clients
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Should also have a minimum of two years’ experience in the insurance sector together with experience in Solvency II
- Expert knowledge in IFRSs including IFRS17
- Ability to commit to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly organised person
Education & Experience
Fully qualified accountant and CPA Warranted
Job Reference: NN642
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.