A new opportunity for a Senior Accountant within a group of companies operating within the energy and oil exploration sector, has arisen within their Malta offices.
The Accountant shall report to the Group Financial Controller.
- Assisting the external auditors with audits of standalone and consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRSs.
- Ensuring that all audit requests are coordinated and met in a timely manner.
- Reviewing of management accounts and VAT returns and ensuring timely submission of the latter.
- Contributing to the enhancement of quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting department.
- Supporting the identification, reduction and prevention of errors and irregularities.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks relating to the finance function .
This position is being offered on a 1 year definite contract
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Russian
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar position
- Experience in consolidation accounting
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Education & Experience
Part-qualified Accountant with knowledge of IFRSs
Job Reference: SP339
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.