Our Client has the following vacancy; Officer: Technical, Learning and Professional Development. The selected Technical Officer will report to the Technical Manager.
The following is a list of Responsibilities that will be required of the prospective candidate:
- Conducting research supporting papers and guidance published for the benefit of the Institute’s Members;
- Sending regular technical updates to the Institute’s members and offer informal guidance;
- Be alert for local and international developments pertinent to the Profession;
- Supporting Council, the Institute’s Committees and CEO, as necessary to enable them to meet their objectives;
- Participating in the formulation of the Institute’s Continuous Professional Education programme;
- Handle receipt of emails and calls from Members and other organisations seeking guidance or feedback on technical matters;
- Maintaining relevant e-library sections on the Institute's website;
- Preparing presentations and speak at the Institute's CPE events;
- Representing and promoting the Institute and the profession whenever invited to speak and address various fora, both locally and abroad;
- Representing the Institute during exhibitions and other events organised either by the Institute or by other organisations and institutions;
- Representing the Institute at appropriate working groups of Accountancy Europe, IFAC or other Institutions as required;
- Attending technical meetings with relevant competent authorities;
- Attending meetings held by the Institute’s various committees, and Council as required;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Report;
- Contributing to the Institute’s periodic journal and newsletter; and
- Carrying out any other technical work that the employer deems fit.
Skills & Qualifications
- Fully Qualified in B.Commerce or ACCA;
- Three to five years minimum post qualification experience;
- Good communication skills with an interest in all issues that affect the Accountancy profession;
- A focus on information technology, corporate reporting, taxation, financial services, and other local regulatory requirements;
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Our Client is a leading Institute of Accountancy in Malta offering educational services.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.