Our client is seeking an Junior Internal Auditor to be responsible to perform professional audit work in line with the International Standards of Internal Auditing and the Internal Audit Charter to provide value-added services to the company and other related group companies.
- Executing internal audit work within set time frames, maintaining adequate documentation and providing assistance in the compilation of audit work programmes;
- Examining the efficiency and effectiveness of Group operations including non-financial cycles;
- Mapping systems, identifying weaknesses and providing efficient business recommendations to improve upon existing internal corporate governance structures and internal control procedures within the Group;
- Reporting to his/her senior and assisting in the execution of the Internal Audit Plan;
- Performing other related duties as assigned to support the work of the Internal Audit Unit.
Education & Qualifications:
- A recognised University Degree in business administration, accountancy, finance, management, economics or equivalent.
- Previous experience in accounting, mathematical or statistical fields preferably within the financial services industry will be considered as an asset.
- You will have knowledge of Insurance, Solvency II regulation and/or Financial Services;
- Knowledge of Accounting with a background in IFRSs;
- You will be professional, assertive, innovative and creative
- Able to work on own initiative, handle unrelated, non-routine jobs and must be IT literate;
- Able to interpret the results of numerical analysis;
- Able to apply data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes
- The ability to think objectively, strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
- Hold excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a working level of Maltese
- Candidates with a working knowledge of Spanish/Portuguese: would be considered as an asset
- Currently living in Malta
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.