Our client is a dynamic group of companies specialising in international distribution, ship supply, retail and wholesale.
They are currently looking for a full-time Junior Accountant to join our growing Finance team.
- The preparation of up-to-date bank balances, debtor and creditor positions and other financial data;
- The preparation of monthly management accounts;
- The supervision of subsidiary ledgers and other financial records of one or more business units,
- The cash-flow of assigned business units in coordination with the Finance Manager;
- The preparation of VAT returns and financial data required by the National Statistics Office or other official bodies and Government departments;
- The supervision of accounting officers within the team;
- The participation in Management meetings, presenting accounts and other financial reports, taking and distributing minutes;
- The support to higher management in setting annual budgets and in monitoring and analysing trading performance, operating costs and capital expenditure;
- The coordination with the group’s auditors;
- The contribution to the ongoing development and strengthening of internal controls.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- In possession of at least two local years' experience in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Maltese
- Able to problem solve, communicate clearly and work effectively in a team
- Collaborative, positive and able to work to tight deadlines
Education & Experience
At an advanced stage in the studies leading to the ACCA qualification or in possession of a relevant graduate degree in accounts
- Health Insurance
- Mobile allowance
- Clothing allowance
Job Reference: OY236
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.