Our client is an international trade finance bank with an international network of offices. The Bank is headquartered in Malta, is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange, and regulated by the MFSA.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Junior Accountant to join their Finance Department. This role is ideal for candidates who are seeking to develop their accounting career in the banking industry.
- Processing of accounting entries;
- Perform month end procedures including accruals, prepayments and ledger reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts;
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual financial statements in accordance to International Accounting Standards ;
- Statutory filing of accounting and tax documentation; and
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Documenting procedures and controls related to accounting matters
Training and development will be provided accordingly.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Previous experience in accounting would be considered an asset
- Have a sound knowledge of IFRS reporting standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Maltese
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office applications
Education & Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting (preferably AAT) or Accounts A-level
- Enrolled for an ACCA qualification
- Health, Life and Personal Accident insurance cover
- Mortgage & Personal Loan Interest subsidy
- Pension Plan
- Commuting & Parking allowance
- Study Support Scheme
- Fitness Allowance
- Child Care Allowance
Job Reference: DD245
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.