We are looking to recruit a Junior Accountant to join our finance team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting with the accounting for 3 separate legal entities with elements of inter-company transactions.
- Day to Day Bookkeeping duties, such as issuing of sales invoices, processing purchase/expense invoices and processing of bank transactions.
- Month-end accounting procedures such as preparing journals for adjustments, accruals/prepayments and reconciliations.
- Reviewing transactions to make sure they are in line with the accounting and company procedures.
- Working closely with the management accountant to change and improve procedures for better analysis, where necessary.
- Finalising yearly financial statements and liaising with auditors accordingly.
- Liaising with banks as necessary.
- Ensuring that the company is complying with all local financial legal requirements such as preparing and submitting VAT and tax returns, annual returns, etc.
- Assist in ad-hoc administrative and legal duties.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of previous local accounting experience
- Experience with Maltese financial reporting requirements
- Experience in IFRS accounting
- Analytical and highly conscientious
- Autonomous and comfortable working on own initiative
- Highly organised and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills in English and Maltese
Education & Experience
Accounting degree / professional accounting qualification (ACCA) or in the final stages of obtaining ACCA
Job Reference: YG320
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.