Our client, a highly established group of companies based in Malta, is recruiting for an Internal Auditor to join their growing office.
- When carrying out internal audits, assist in conducting a risk assessment of the auditable area, determining the scope of review, and establishing a risk-based audit programme.
- Conduct audit testing, identify reportable issues and dimension of risk, determine compliance with policies and procedures, and derive an audit opinion.
- Draft a comprehensive report for the auditable area, recommending improved business practices with the objective of attaining appropriate corporate governance, risk management and internal control structures throughout the Group.
- Perform follow-up activities on recommendations given by Internal Audit to ensure that the agreed corrective actions are duly implemented by Management.
- Provide advisory and consulting services as required to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Group's structures, systems and procedures.
- Carry out internal investigations into suspected misconduct, fraud and corruption as required.
- Assist the Group Chief Internal Auditor with various Internal Audit projects and reporting requirements.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- At least 2 years' internal auditing experience
- Reliable team player with strong communication skills
- Robust data collection and analytical skills
- General working knowledge of IT systems
- Flexible and professional with a strong work ethic
Education & Experience
Full or partially qualified CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) and/or CPA (Certified Public Accountant), willing to continue training and achieve the necessary certifications for career development
Job Reference: ZK299
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.