Our client, a well-established company within the insurance industry is seeking an Internal Auditor reporting to the Chief Officer and to be responsible to perform professional audit work in line with the International Standards of Internal Auditing and the Internal Audit Charter
- Executing the Internal Audit Plan and assisting in the compilation of the internal audit work program and developing the internal audit scope;
- Performing internal audit procedures and work within set time frames and maintaining adequate documentation;
- Examining the efficiency and effectiveness of Group operations including non-financial cycles;
- Mapping systems, identifying weaknesses and providing efficient business recommendations to improve upon existing internal corporate governance structures and internal control procedures within the Group;
- Reporting to his/her senior and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed;
- Assisting in performing follow-ups on the status of outstanding recommendations;
- Providing support and training to junior members within the team; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned to support the work of the Internal Audit Unit.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Be professional, assertive, innovative, creative and must possess good oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Minimum two years’ work experience in accounting, mathematical or statistical fields preferably within the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of Insurance, Solvency II regulation and/or Financial Services; Knowledge of Accounting with a background in IFRSs;
- Able to work on own initiative, handle unrelated, non-routine jobs and must be IT literate; able to interpret the results of numerical analysis, and apply data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes; and The ability to think objectively, strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
Education & Experience
A recognised University Degree in business administration, accountancy, finance, management, economics or equivalent.
Job Reference: BD301
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.