A client of ours specialising in the Financial Sector is looking to onboard an Internal Audit Senior Manager: This person will form part of the Risk Advisory Department and the respective engagement will entail close collaboration with the Organisation’s clients to develop internal audit plans, execute audit cycles as agreed upon with clients' management and boards of directors, and provide comprehensive reports to the clients' board of directors or audit committees:
- Lead and oversee the full audit cycle, including risk management and control management, to assess operations effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Develop and execute comprehensive audit plans and strategies to address the Organization's unique risks and challenges.
- Identify and assess areas of significant risk for the business, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to mitigate these risks effectively.
- Implement best audit and business practices, aligning them with applicable internal audit standards and guidelines.
- Obtain, analyse, and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, and other relevant information to inform audit processes.
- Prepare and present detailed reports that reflect the results of audits, documenting processes and providing valuable insights to senior management.
- Identify vulnerabilities and recommend risk aversion measures to safeguard the Organization's interests.
- Maintain open and effective communication with executive management and the audit committee to provide updates on audit findings and recommendations.
- Efficiently manage audit resources and assignments, ensuring timely completion of audit projects.
- Identify and proactively reduce business and financial risks through the effective implementation and continuous monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in alignment with local and international best practices.
- Compile and execute annual Internal Audit plans, taking into consideration the Organisation's strategic objectives and risk profile.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks, providing insights and recommendations for action.
- Provide overall supervision of planned annual audits, ensuring a thorough and rigorous audit process.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an audit environment following successful completion of an Internal Audit qualification or accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an Organisation’s internal control structure
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company
- Remarkable presentation and report writing skills and display incredible business acumen.
Education & Experience
- A recognised University Degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Internal Audit, Finance, Management or Economics
- Applicants in possession of an Internal Audit qualification or accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors will be given strong preference
Job Reference: RQ481
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.