Our Client is looking for a Head of Group Financial Reporting to lead its Group Consolidation and Entity Accounting functions.
Based in Malta, you will be leading the overseeing Group functions:
- Responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial accounts and IFRS financial statements of the ultimate parent company of the Group and each of its subgroups;
- The preparation of reports, analysing the group consolidated results and balances;
- Maintaining the Group Accounting manual, documenting group accounting policies and supporting accounting treatments for the purposes of the audit of the financial statements of the Group to PCAOB standards.
- Responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial accounts and IFRS financial statements for each entity within the Group and the preparation of reports, analysing the group consolidated results and balances.
- Owning the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting calendar, ensuring proper communication of responsibilities and deadlines throughout the teams and rigorously managing the various team leaders to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting;
- Being on top of developments in International Financial Reporting Standards and ensuring the group is constantly up-to-date in its accounting policies and adoption of such standards;
- Liaising with the group auditors to manage and coordinate the audit of the group financial statements to PCAOB standards;
- Liaising with the finance teams of other sub-groups within the ultimate parent’s group to facilitate the group consolidation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy of resources in place to effectively carry out the above activities through effective recruitment, development, engagement and retention of employees within the respective teams in consultation with the Group Finance Director;
- Overseeing the allocation of tasks to resources as necessary to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the team;
- Monitoring the performance of the team and its individual members and taking corrective action where necessary to ensure effective delivery of the team’s overall objectives;
- Managing the overall cost of the respective teams including salary costs; travel expenditure; staff welfare; etc. within an allocated budget to be agreed from time to time with the Group Finance Director;
- Ensuring that the knowledge and experience required to carry out the respective functions are adequately represented across the team to minimise dependency on individual team members and ensure continuity in the performance of the designated activities;
- Constantly reviewing business systems and processes and suggesting improvements where necessary to continuously strive for improved efficiency throughout the organisation;
- Preparing reports on matters relevant to the respective functions as may be required from time to time by the Group Finance Director or members of the Executive Committee;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in any aspects of the respective functions that impact the Group’s customers.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A determined and focused leader that takes responsibility for managing the entire financial reporting process within the group, rigorously managing the financial reporting calendar and driving the process to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting;
- Proven experience in leading group consolidation and financial reporting functions within an international group of companies, ideally having worked with SAP accounting systems;
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS's) and ideally have experience of US GAAP and financial audits in accordance with US PCAOB standards;
- Strong leadership skills and be able to lead multiple teams to deliver against tight reporting deadlines;
- Possess an inquisitive and analytical mindset and be able to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being reported;
- Should demonstrate values, skills and behaviours that are consistent with core values.
Our Client is a global business aviation company,
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.