As Head of Costing, you will be reporting to the CFO and recognised by all stakeholders for your knowledge and expertise. You will share your knowledge with all other departments and you will be the lead driver for all COGS related issues. You will contribute to the definition of the solution roadmap in the Costing area, identifying opportunities for simplification and improvements.
- Manage the team: coaching and facilitating talent development and increase functional knowledge.
- Control all COGS areas: coordinate the cost specialists to secure robust cost controlling in both cost components and resources areas.
- Coordinate standard cost annual review and constant update / fine tune.
Reporting and forecasting
- Prepare annual COGS budget and re-forecasts (i.e. F 6+6);
- Simulations on cost savings / scenarios, including logistics optimizations;
- Prepare variance analysis: constantly monitor results against prior year's budget and standards;
- Proactively contribute to the preparation of complex projects including capital projects and ensure expected results are delivered.
- Identify areas for improvement and functionality Gaps and introduce new and improved processes and concepts;
- Make or buy analysis / scenarios.
- Recognised Accounting qualification, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- 10 years’ of relevant experience (of which minimum of 3 in the leading role) in costing and P&L reporting, COGS valuation, financial consolidation and management reporting;
- Functional experience in F&C overall with sound knowledge of ERP systems (preferably AX).
- Strong understanding of general business processes, COGS, reconciliations, the margin in consolidation, transfer pricing and forecasts.
- Knowledge to draft Functional Specs and coordinate training and implementation.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Action orientated;
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management;
- Programme and Project management;
- Developing people.
This Role is with a renowned organisation operating within the manufacturing industry.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.