Our client, is looking for a Head of Audit to join their team
- Offer insightful recommendations about a broad range of complex issues related to business processes and controls by leveraging expertise and experience in the entity's sector.
- Identify the audit approach to be taken from an early stage and checks that adequate resources are identified that have the required skills, knowledge and experience to perform the work.
- Involve team members in the planning process and where required guide more junior members of the team in their prioritisation.
- Provide on the job learning giving meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Prioritise appropriately and make or implement contingency plans where necessary.
- Perform join activities with specialists early in the audit to identify risks, understand relevant controls and substantive procedures
- Suggest mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements, apply professional scepticism to consider the broader impact on our audit.
- Run file check regularly throughout the audit, checks all points have been cleared at the end of each audit, choosing an appropriate file structure for each engagement.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS and other IAS's when relevant as well as an advanced understanding of business cycles and operational internal controls.
- Able to provide audit team and clients with a critical view and recommendations.
- Active in knowledge management by monitoring/providing input to internal databases.
- Be regarded as a specialist in the audit approach.
- Applying the knowledge to improve the efficiencies of the audit process and to address the risks associated with the assignment.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years local experience within an audit management position
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence
- Deep knowledge and experience of IFRS and ISA
- Sound computer literacy ; MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills
- Experience and evidence of business development
Education & Experience
An ACA, ACCA or BA in Accountancy qualification or equivalent.
Job Reference: RK933
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.