Our client, within the Banking Industry, is currently looking to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager to join their team.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements of the Bank and other group entities.
- Preparation of Management and Board packs.
- Managing the production of relevant analysis for the purposes of reporting to various stakeholders and committees.
- Liaising with external specialists including consultants, auditors and tax specialists.
- Input into technical accounting papers on the impact of new accounting standards, and leading the implementation of new accounting standards and interpretations.
- Playing a key role in the interpretation of key strategic initiatives and projects from an accounting perspective and providing support on the accounting for certain transactions.
- Driving improvement of processes and controls in the financial reporting process and leading systems improvement initiative.
- Ad hoc project support to the Head of Finance and VP Finance.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years' relevant working experience gained in a Big 4 Firm (preferably audit) and 2+ years gained in a financial reporting position
- A strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in and knowledge of income tax and VAT will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and a proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively solve problems.
- Ambition to enhance knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst balancing multiple priorities simultaneously to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education & Experience
Fully Qualified through ACCA or equivalent
- Hybrid working environment
- Parking allowances
- Preferential home and personal loan rates
- Discounted gym memberships
Job Reference: AO189
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.