Our Client has a vacancy for a Financial Controller. Reporting to the Group CFO, the Financial Controller will lead the department to sustain a strong accounting and control environment and shall provide financial expertise to business operations.
Your Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities will include the following;
- Secure and maintain legal protection for all of the company’s brand names, in all areas of the world, giving priority to countries of strategic interest;
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts;
- Invest surplus funds.
- Ensure adequate activities to identify financial and business risks;
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile;
- Monitor all open key compliance issues involving the company and also those affecting the industry;
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage;
- Ensure adequate hedging activities that mitigate currency exchange risk;
- Report risk issues to the CFO of the company.
- Proactively work to eliminate unsecured credit;
- Mitigate credit risk and facilitate business growth with adequate credit insurance limits, trade finance instruments or other.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and reports;
- Investigate, report and explain to senior management team deviations from budgets and agreed KPIs;
- Provide financial analysis to senior management team to support achievement of financial goals;
- Set priorities for the team based on relevant metrics and management team expectations;
- Deliver sustainable, high-quality results and continuously improve delivery lead-times;
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the team;
- Ensure clarity of individual roles, key deliverables and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills
- An accounting degree or a recognised professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA;
- A recognised accountancy warrant;
- A post graduate degree or in the final stages thereof (Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or Business);
- A minimum of 15 years overall experience, of which at least 5 in the current role (matured in the manufacturing industry);
- A good understanding of the Malta Tax regime.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Action orientated;
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management;
- Programme and Project management;
- Developing people;
- Able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form, including presentation skills.
The Role is with a renowned organisation operating within the manufacturing industry.