Our client is an independent, group of companies providing a wide range of bespoke professional services to private individuals, families and international corporate clients. They are currently looking to grow their team of professionals and are looking to recruit a Financial Accounting Supervisor.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing a small team of junior accountants, as well as have experience in producing and reviewing financial statements.
- The day to day accounting, administration and financial reporting of a portfolio of clients
- Preparing and reviewing management accounts
- Preparing and reviewing trusts and companies annual financial statements and liaising with the auditors where applicable
- Assisting with transactions which would include set ups and liquidations
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Supervising the work of junior accountants
- Training and coaching junior team members
- Liaising with other offices within the Group
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years' previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Solid understanding of GAPSME, IFRS and IFRS 102
- Ability to manage, mentor and train a team
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
Education & Experience
A University Degree in Accounting or ACCA / ACA qualification or in the final stages of obtaining such qualification
Job Reference: JM943
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.