Our Client is seeking to employ a Financial Accounting Supervisor. The successful candidate will take an active role in managing the accounting department and will be responsible for overseeing the activities of a small growing team.
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers;
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts;
- Reconciling investment positions and processing revaluation journals where required;
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses;
- Assist with the compilation of the management accounts;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Pare the associated accounts, working papers and evidencing balances
- Assisting with auditors’ queries;
- Assist with cash flow management;
- Processing payments and receipts of funds;
- Electronic and manual document filing;
- Assist with the maintenance of the corporate register and database;
- Writing company minutes and directors resolutions;
- Assist with the on-boarding of new clients and company incorporations;
- Undertaking compliance reviews of client files;
- Assisting in building and developing the accounting department;
- Coaching and training of less experienced team members;
- Liaison with other offices within the Group;
- Assist in other duties as and when requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- Attainment of ACA / ACCA or a University Degree in Accounting;
- Experience gained ideally in a similar role;
- Good communication, organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under GAPSME, IFRS and FRS;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff.
Our client is licensed to act as a trustee and to provide other fiduciary services
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.