Our Client is seeking to recruit an Accountant to join the Financial Accounting function. This role is ideal for candidates who are seeking to upgrade their existing career path in accounting and want to pursue this in the Banking industry.
- Perform general accounting functions;
- Ensure adherence to Bank policies and Procedures;
- Ensure conformity with International Accounting Standards (IAS's);
- Prepare monthly management accounts;
- Publish financial reports;
- Conduct variance analysis and forecasting;
- Assist with group consolidations, statutory audits and tax matters;
- Provide support to other teams responsible for procurement and regulatory reporting.
Education & Experience
- A fully qualified accountant, (ideally through ACCA)
- Minimum of two years post-qualification experience.
- Previous experience in Audit would be considered highly beneficial
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficient user of IFRS and accounting standards;
- Proficient user of spreadsheet application (MS Excel) and other MS Office applications.
- Self-driven and keen to develop skills and enhance knowledge;
- Be committed to meet set targets and deadlines;
- Have a clear focus on high quality and excellence;
- Be an avid team-player with a commitment to assist and cooperate with other team members;
Our Client is an international trade finance bank
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.