Our client is a group of companies, they are currently looking for a Financial Controller to head the finance function within their healthcare sector.
Working closely with the Group's CEO, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Have the overall responsibility for the finance function;
- Determine the appropriate allocation of resources across the organisation for the day-to-day bookkeeping, invoice control, customer billing, accounts receivable, inventory management and processing of bank transactions and overseeing the above activities on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including the necessary reconciliations, accruals and prepayments.
- Presenting the monthly management pack to senior management.
- Preparation of the monthly payroll including the related filings with the relevant authorities.
- Preparation of the VAT and income tax returns and management of tax payments and refunds.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and liaising with auditors in relation to the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Preparation of the annual budget and subsequent re-forecasts, as necessary.
- Reviewing the accounts payable, stocks and debtors and managing related cash flows and working capitals.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of all the operational and commercial aspects of the business and being able to interpret the financial results and relate them to management's expectations, identifying areas of concern and investigating exceptions at source.
- Making full use of the company's financial reporting systems and Business Intelligence reports and using these tools to drill down into the necessary level of detail to explain the numbers in clear and concise manner.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Have an advanced level of proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office Tools
- Have a good understanding of VAT and general tax compliance
- Have excellent communication skills in both English and Maltese
- Be an energetic and focused self-starter who can work on his/her own initiatives and constantly seek better ways of achieving the organisation's goals.
- Possess the drive and ambition to grow within the group.
- Be comfortable in anticipating the needs and aims of management and able to communicate effectively and constructively.
- Have good negotiation skills and be comfortable dealing with customers, vendors, banks and auditors
- Be practical and goal oriented
Education & Experience
Have a strong general finance background ranging from basic book-keeping to management accounting, budgeting, board reporting and financial statements
15% Performance Based Bonus
Job Reference: GF565
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.