Our client is seeking to recruit a Finance Executive within their finance unit. The chosen candidate will report to the Production Finance Manager.
- Reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal control procedures and introducing new controls when appropriate;
- Collate, prepare and interpret routine financial and operational reconciliation and reports and present them to management in line with specific deadlines;
- Developing and reviewing policies and procedures manuals for the Finance Department;
- Reconciliation of work related to the Finance Department and recording transactions accordingly;
- Develop financial management tools to minimize financial risk of the company;
- Handling and maintaining inter-company transactions and reconciliations;
- Handling and maintaining supplier reconciliations;
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports requested by management and discuss financial concepts whilst interpreting the impact of accounting decisions on the company;
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices and applicable regulations;
- Setting up and analysing of KPI's on a periodical basis;
- Support the team in other work such as, but not limited to, audit, annual reports, implementation of new modules and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Partly qualified (Initial stages of ACCA qualification);
- Previous experience in the accounting department or in an internal audit function locally within manufacturing would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in costings would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Fluency in Maltese would be considered highly beneficial
- an understanding of the construction and manufacturing industry would be considered an asset;
- excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- good organisational skills;
- hands on with a can do attitude;
- analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- problem solving and decision-making skills.
Jon reference: XZ373
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.