Our client, a leading company within the local insurance industry, is looking for a Finance Executive to join the Finance Department.
- Designing and reviewing the company's financial strategy;
- Producing statutory accounts, monthly Management Accounts and year-end financial accounts;
- Liaising with the company's internal and external auditors;
- Preparing monthly forecast financial behaviour and its interpretation, including budgeting and financial plans;
- Reviewing, updating, implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls when appropriate;
- Developing and reviewing policies and procedures manuals for the Finance Department;
- Reconciliation of all work related to the Finance Department and recording all transactions accordingly;
- Recording all transactions related to the Finance Department;
- Ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres;
- Performs work as assigned with regards to debt management;
- Managing the company's bank accounts including credit cards;
- Management of currency hedging;
- Monitoring expenditure within delegated parameters.
- Completing quarterly VAT returns and provide advice on compliance with VAT regulations as necessary.
- Preparation of regulatory reporting and returns to appropriate regulatory authorities;
- Mentoring staff members as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant degree in Accounting or actively working towards a certification in Accounting;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in finance and accounting.
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Analysis and interpretation;
- Significant attention to detail;
- Strong organisation, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Applications).
Job reference: WU633
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.