Our Client is currently seeking to recruit a Director of Finance to support the Group's Finance Department.
Based in Malta and reporting directly to the Board of Directors, as a Finance Director your Responsibilities will be to offer key business, financial, commercial and operational insights needed to control and shape the direction of the Group by:
- Defining a common set of best practices, policies, processes guidelines and work standards;
- Providing direct and indirect (e.g. instructional content, tools & templates, etc.) guidance, training and support to assist countries in implementing these best practices work standards;
- Sharing of best practice to further the company’s global-scale efficiency and competitiveness;
- Ensure the most efficient distribution of assets and resources.
Main Areas of Responsibility for Malta Finance function:
- Responsible for the Accounting function and provide first class Management Reporting and Financial Analysis to the business;
- Responsible for Credit and Cash Flow Management;
- Develop and maintain Banking Relationships;
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met;
- Responsible for Insurance, Risk Management and Internal Controls across the Group;
- Responsible to manage the Company’s Insurance Portfolio;
- Ensure stock takes are affected and follow-ups are actioned;
- Lead and manage the Company Budgeting process;
- Ensure the Company remains within its finance cover covenants and liaise with banks on stocks and other finance related matters.
Education & Experience:
- A fully qualified & Warranted Accountant;
- A minimum of five years experience in a senior accounting role;
- Proven experience in leading Group Consolidation and Financial Reporting functions within an international group of companies,
- Previous working experience within an International Organisation and Retail will be advantageous for this role;
- A determined and focused leader that takes responsibility for managing the entire financial reporting process within the group, rigorously managing the financial reporting calendar and driving the process to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting;
- Strong leadership skills and be able to lead multiple teams to deliver against tight reporting deadlines;
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset and ability to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being reported;
- Values, skills and behaviours that are consistent with core values;
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
Our client is a leading retailer and distributor of several International and designer fashion and sportswear brands.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.