A client of ours, a reputable company within the FMCG sector is looking for a Finance Analyst to join their Finance team to predominantly optimize internal controls and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, overseeing transaction accounting and associated reporting.
- Help in developing and maintaining the company's internal control framework, including reconciliations and reporting of internal accounts.
- Drive the implementation and automation of company procedures for statutory reporting and ledger management.
- Address compliance issues affecting the company and industry, coordinating required surveys and audits.
- Perform internal audits, ensuring adherence to the internal control framework.
- Collaborate with external auditors for the financial audit and maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Manage data accuracy and flow in Finance to Reporting processes, recommending process enhancements.
- Assist in income tax computations, tax payments, VAT returns, and compliance with tax regulations.
- Monitor foreign currency and interest rate fluctuations, executing hedging transactions and producing related reports.
- Maintain accurate records of fixed assets, including purchases, disposals, depreciation, and physical inventory counts.
- Other ad hoc duties as required from time to time
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years local experience in a similar role. Candidates with experience in FMCGwill be given preference
- Previous experience in Internal Audit will be considered a very strong asset
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
Education & Experience
MQF 6 level Degree in Accountancy or in the last stages of ACCA
- Performance bonus
- Car Cash Allowance
- Room for internal progression
Job Reference: RZ047
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.