Our Client is looking to recruit a Cost Manager on a full-time basis to join their team within the Resources and Components Department. Reporting to the Head of Costings, the ideal candidate will set out the company’s benchmarks for all cost components (direct costs).
- Proactively monitor monthly manning, with a special focus on indirect staff;
- Challenge the status quo;
- Scrutiny of contractors’ utilization, overtime, residual holidays and activities carried during public holidays and Sundays;
- Insourcing and outsourcing scenarios (make/buy) and thinking out of the box;
- Set up yearly standard costs for the resources area.
- Prepare the monthly month end reports and variance analysis on the actual costs;
- Build the yearly budget components and related analysis versus previous year and standards;
- Proactively suggest improvement areas in terms of cost cutting and waste reduction;
- Production per line and per site: Promote synergies and lower the transit and lead times also for internal supplied materials;
- Daily cooperation with other Departments. to ensure that identified solutions are delivered within timelines. Ideally, at least 30% of the time should be spent out of the office;
- Ensuring that all company’s procedures are constantly adhered to;
- Analyse and report actual versus standards, identifying deviations and directing the company’s efforts in keeping within set standards;
- Work with other departments to gather and validate business requirements and ensure that all processes are followed.
- A recognised Accounting qualification, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Ideally 7 years’ accounting experience, of which ideally at least 4 in factory costing, actual period-end closing, variance calculation and standard cost budgeting;
- Functional experience in F&C overall with sound knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Microsoft AX).
- Strong understanding of Material Ledger, transfers of semi-finished products between factories, sales of rework materials, production declaration, inventory cycle counts and cost a year to date calculation;
- Integration of costing with manufacturing, plant maintenance and quality assurance.
Desired knowledge in:
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Action orientated.
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management;
- Programme and Project management;
- Monitoring and Measuring.
This Role is with a renowned organisation operating within the manufacturing industry.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.