Our Client is seeking to recruit a Cost Analyst. Reporting to the Head of Costing, you will support and analyse deviations in actual versus standards, identify deviations and direct the company’s efforts in keeping within set standards.
- Cost budget analysis;
- Participate in the annual and periodic standard cost budget process;
- Coordinate and contribute to the proper planning, reporting and follow-up on the cost of production and production overheads;
- Preparation of budget versus actuals reports and analysis, including comparisons with prior years and versus standards;
- Production order monitoring and analysis;
- Follow-up on the timely closure of Production Orders;
- Performing of data analysis and reporting including Purchase Price Variances;
- Follow-up on cost optimisation projects with different departments;
- Monitor and report on the Perpetual Inventory Counts;
- Monitor and report on stock holding levels;
- Data maintaining and reporting;
- Maintain up to date standard cost in ERP;
- Proactively promote and prepare different types of operational improvement simulations and reports;
- Spend at least 20% of the time in the plant, supporting the Operations and Planning management.
- Formal Finance or Accounting Degree;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience;
- Technical skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft AX and MS Office (particularly in Excel);
- Good analytical, communication and time management skills;
- Ability to work with an extensive volume of data.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management;
- Programme and Project management.
This Role is with a renowned organisation operating within the manufacturing industry.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.