An opportunity has arisen for a Client Accountant to join one of our Clients. As a Client Accountant, you will report to the Head of Office based in Malta and will work as part an International team of Corporate Client Accountants.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
- Provide bookkeeping, client accounting and other services to an allocated client portfolio of trusts and companies;
- Prepare VAT returns, payroll calculations and related paperwork;
- Process client payments;
- Prepare management accounts and statutory annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards;
- Apply standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner;
- Exercise quality control to ensure that all accounting conforms to set standards;
- Ensure that client accounting files are organised and complete;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and with other third parties;
- Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting;
- Provide assistance with various projects as required;
- Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance Indicators;
- Identify and contribute to the mitigation of risks;
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Skills and experience
- You are a qualified or partly qualified Accountant;
- 2-3 years relevant work experience, ideally within the financial services industry;
- Previous working experience in IFRS & GAPSE financial statements will be beneficial;
- Fluent in English and have strong writing skills in the English language;
- Computer literate with good knowledge of all MS Office packages;
- Highly organised with a systematic work method;
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Pro-active, motivated and flexible; willing to take tasks on and help out where required.
Our Client provides international wealth management, legal, fiduciary and business services to both corporate and private clients.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.