Our Client has a vacancy for a Client Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and assisting with the preparation of financial statements and management accounts for a portfolio of Clients.
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts, including;
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers;
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts;
- Reconciliation of bank and other ledger balances;
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses;
- Assist with the compilation of management accounts;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Assist with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template;
- Preparation of trust and company accounts in accordance with applicable legislation;
- Prepare the associated working papers and evidencing balances to the financial statements;
- Assisting with auditors’ queries;
- Undertake the annual review process of entities for which accounts have been prepared.
- Liaison with other departments within the Group;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.
Skills & Qualifications
- Mid stages or part-qualified in ACCA, AAT Diploma or the equivalent ;
- 1-2 years' accounting experience in a similar role;
- Good communication, organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision.
Our client is licensed to act as a trustee and to provide other fiduciary services.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.