Our client, that operates within the financial services, is currently looking to recruit a CFO to join their team.
- Acts as a business partner to the CEO to guide and build value in the company.
- Provides support to the Board of Directors and shareholders as needed.
- Develops and advises on business development and strategic planning including the active involvement in the development and implementation of the Company’s business plan.
- Plans, develops, organises, implements directs and evaluates the Company’s fiscal functions from every relevant perspective.
- Manages treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and correct financial reporting.
- Coordinates the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensures the reconciliation processes of all divisions of the Company are carried out and documented as necessary.
- Coordinates the preparation of management accounts, financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
- Provides timely, accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports to assist the CEO and other executives with their responsibilities.
- Oversees completion of timely annual audited financial statements.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and reports on variances.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e., growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programmes/ strategies and regulatory interactions.
- Develops reliable global cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the Company.
- Optimises the management of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance the Company’s cash position on a broad overall basis and manages cash flow investment risk and yields.
- Continually improves the timeliness and accuracy of the Company’s cash flow and management of the payables process and month end, quarterly and year end closings.
- Oversees risk and Corporate insurance requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, VAT, and employment taxes.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Solid experience in a senior finance management role, ideally within the Financial Services sector.
- Strong management skills with a proven track record to manage teams.
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability of working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Maltese
Education & Experience
You will possess an accountancy qualification and must be a holder of a CPA warrant.
Job Reference: QZ430
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.