Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
A new work opportunity has arisen within a group of companies in Malta operating within diverse sectors which include corporate services, shipping as well as legal and assurance.
- Providing support in achieving the organisation's mission and helping execute staff succession and growth plans;
- Heading the finance unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters;
- Participating in business development; in particular assisting the Board of Directors in identifying new business opportunities, drafting prospective budgets and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service deliveries;
- Implementing adequate controls to ensure that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits;
- Carrying out all other duties as may be reasonably required for the smooth running of the group of companies such as assisting the management team and the Board of Directors;
- Overseeing the preparation of the half-year and full-year statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS and structures in liaison with comapny auditors;
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant;
- 5 years of proven experience in a Senior Management position;
- Candidates having an Advisory background within financial services are encouraged to apply;
- A team player capable of adapting to changing priorities;
- Meticulous and highly organised.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.