This job as a Business Controller is with a leading manufacturing company on the island having main duties related to reporting, controlling and efficiency drive. Main duties include the following:
- Participate to long terms planning, supporting commercial scenarios and simulations (capex, marginality).
- Prepare the monthly month end reports and variance analysis
- Build the yearly budget components and related analysis vs. previous year and standards
- Set up yearly standard costs / Resource area
- Proactively suggest improvements in terms of development initiatives, cost cutting, waste reduction etc
- Cooperate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the solutions delivered are as per agreed specs.
- Ensure price agreements are aligned to current standard costs
- Work closely with all departments - gather and validate business requirements and ensure all processes are followed
- Identify efficiency areas while investigating options related to consignment stock, payment terms, stock scrapping etc
- Analysis related to in sourcing and outsourcing
- Other related duties
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Ideally holding 5years accounting experience a few of which in um of 4 years in Factory costing,
- Previous experience in Actual period end closing, variance calculation and standard cost budget
- Sound knowledge of ERP systems - Microsoft AX prefered
- Familiar with integration of costing with manufacturing, plant maintenance, quality assurance and material handling
- Sound knowledge related to inventory management and COGS
Education & Experience
A recognised Accounting Qualification
Job Reference: EK022
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.