Our Client, a leading Company within the FMCG industry is looking for an Assistant Treasury Controller to join their team of professionals. Within this position, the appointed person would be reporting to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the Treasury function within the Group to ensure efficient cash management through daily reconciliation with the company IT systems of the cash generated, bank reconciliations and monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Verifying the accuracy and integrity of cash management data being uploaded from the outlet POS via the IT Systems by reconciling the daily sales with the cash collected and the cash deposits at the bank on a regular basis.
- Ensuring the timely execution of bank reconciliations so that the bank accounting records are updated and corrected where necessary.
- Preparing the Group’s cash position on a weekly basis.
- Preparing the Group’s cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in the Treasury strategy for the Group, including ensuring proper policies, procedures, and controls are in place.
- Communicating with the Outlets on the amounts due from re-charges and charge-outs so these amounts are collected as per pre-established credit terms.
- Preparing the necessary data on cash flow projections to be presented to the directors for Board Meetings.
- Preparing the necessary data for timely submission of the Monthly, Half Yearly and Annual Financial Statements as well as for the Audit fieldwork in preparation of the Annual Audit.
- Coordinating with the Financial Controller in the implementation of new projects related to Treasury both within the department and companywide.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of an A-Level in Accounting, whilst Part-Qualified ACCA would be preferred.
- 2 years' experience working within an Accounting function.
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent communication skills in Maltese and English
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.