Our client is a cluster of companies focused on delivering the highest level of quality & luxury across its businesses, and are seeking to recruit an Assistant to the Financial Controller to join their team of professionals within one of their luxury boutique hotels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Financial Controller in the setting of plans and objectives for the department
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Posts and verifies details of business transactions
- Maintains the General Ledgers including the preparation of accounts analysis and journal entries.
- Reconciles bank accounts, statements and records, and take corrective action when necessary.
- Assist the Financial Controllerin the preparation of Financial Statements and submissions of VAT returns.
- Provides assistance in the management of the budgeting processes
- Assists in the management of the Company's cash flow
- Provides assistance in financial analysis as required.
- Assists in the monitoring of budget performance & operational KPIs
- Prepares various ad hoc and periodical reports as requested or required.
- Provides direction and assistance to the Finance and Accounts clerical personnel.
- Implements any necessary actions, under the direction of the Financial Controller, based on any recommendations made by Auditors in their Audit report of Management Letter.
- Ensures the timely payment of creditors and invoicing of debtors.
- Ensures the financial policies and procedures are being adhered to as set out in the Company financial guidelines
- Maintains effective working relationships with the company's external partners as well as healthy communications with clients and suppliers
- Makes recommendations in the continuing process improvements and efficiencies of the department
- Undertakes other duties as required in keeping with the responsibility of the post
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years full-time experience in a finance department
- Good knowledge of finance related regulatory compliance procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry would be considered an asset
Education & Experience
Semi-qualified in a recognized accountancy degree
- Complimentary staff meals
- Training & Development programmes
- Generous staff discount at ION restaurant
- Birthday stay and complimentary meal at the hotel
- Competitive salary
Job Reference: YK987
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.