A client of ours specialising in the Hospitality and Catering industry is looking to onboard an Assistant Financial Controller to join their team. This person will be working closely with and reporting to the CFO:
- Reviewing and finalising journals for monthly management accounts
- Maintaining real-time bank reconciliations and monitoring cash flows accordingly
- Reviewing the issue of invoices to clients following up on outstanding debtor balances, monitoring worksheets with daily information provided by outlets
- Following up on issues with suppliers which are escalated from junior staff
- Maintaining monthly Intercompany reconciliations and ensuring that discrepancies are addressed and resolved promptly
- Preparing reports, such as VAT returns, for government authorities
- Ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of business transactions within the agreed timelines and in line with accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation of weekly results of the business performance and forecasts before the preparation of management accounts done by the finance team
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and required financial reporting requests
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for financial transactions
- Ensure the timely preparation of financial information that may be required by external bodies, such as regulators and banks
- Liaise with management to obtain information required or discuss issues encountered and arising from operations
- Liaise with auditors to perform statutory audits and maintain an effective working relationship
- Provide for the training of the team to ensure that they have the necessary knowledge and skill to carry out their duties with sustained maximum efficiency
- Provide support to certain projects and initiatives as required by management, and any other relevant duties as may be requested by the CFO.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Must have 3 years’ experience working in a similar role; Previous experience in the manufacturing industry will be considered an asset.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and ideally in Maltese
Education & Experience
A degree in Accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification
Job Reference: TG418
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.