Our Client operating in Business Support services is seeking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller to be responsible for their internal accounting function.
Reporting to the CFO and management, the appointed candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Analysis of Variances
- Cost Accounting and cost control initiatives
- Preparation of financial statements to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status
- VAT compliance
- Coordination with and preparation of reports of financial reporting to the CFO and top management.
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Delegating accounting tasks to junior accounting staff
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Proficient in cash management procedures and debt collection
- Have 6 to 8 years’ experience in an accounting or audit function
- Proficient in cost controlling
- Highly computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Excel and Office
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail and ability to critically assess financial results
- Integrity and honesty
Education & Experience
Be a fully qualified accountant (University of Malta or equivalent)
Job Reference: TG237
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.