One of our clients in the hospitality sector are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller to join their finance team in a newly created role. The successful applicant will report directly to a financial controller an assist in the financial reporting, management and control of the organisation.
- Prepare and review management accounts
- Assist in payroll management, overseeing the work of junior staff
- Examination of financial reports and data, checking for any discrepancies
- Operational analysis detecting any deviation from budget(s)
- Preparation of VAT tax returns
- Compilation of insurance claims and following up to ensure successful resolution
- Develop and monitor internal control procedures
- Prepare reports to management and regulatory bodies when necessary
- Develop internal relationships with other departments regarding financial matters
- Train and supervise junior members of the finance team
- Preparation of documentation to support both internal and external auditors
- Train and supervise other team members to work in compliance with company policies.
Education and Experience:
- Applicants should ideally be fully qualified accountants, however candidates in the final stages of ACCA will also be considered
- A minimum of two years previous experience in a similar role, ideally supervising a team.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel
- Previous experience of using Shireburn Financial Manager and Shireburn Payroll would be considered highly beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to deliver accurate and timely information consistently
- Strong leadership abilities
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.