Our Client is looking for an Assistant Financial Controller. Forming part of the Finance Division and reporting to the Director of Finance, you will assist in the management of the Finance Division and deputising for the Director of Finance as and when required.
- To assist the Financial Controller in the running of the Finance Division;
- To prepare financial reports and other reports and analysis as required;
- To maintain general ledgers, including journal entries, month end accruals and prepayments, accounts analysis and reconciliations;
- To reconcile monthly bank statements, verify all cash and bank deposits, handle discrepancies and problems;
- To oversee the accounts receivable collection and accounts payable payments, ensuring that income and expenditure are charged to appropriate accounts;
- To prepare Government returns and tax returns;
- To assist auditors at year end including the preparation of schedules and supporting reports;
- To train, direct and appraise the performance of subordinates;
- To perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate should be and steady under pressure.
- A Degree in Accountancy or at an advanced stage of obtaining a relative recognised qualification;
- Previous similar work experience;
- Fluency in IT literacy, experience in SUN and PMS systems, such as Opera and Micros POS systems;
- Knowledge of local legislation relating to Finance, Taxation and Employment will be considered an asset for this role;
- Highly motivated, smart, fluent in English and able to work on own initiative without supervision;
- Willing to work in a fast-paced work environment.
This Assistant Financial Controller job is with a leading organisation within the hospitality industry, renowned for its quality service and high standards.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.