Our client operating in the Hospitality industry is currently looking to onboard a Assistant Finance Manager to their team
- Produces timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis.
- Develops and controls a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- Investigates variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences.
- Performs month end for Accounts Payable, VAT and general ledger in the finance system.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation and analysis of Agency payroll, ensuring that all invoices and requests for Agency personnel have been properly vetted, verified and authorized.
- Prepares the monthly VAT claims.
- Assists in Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Assists in management of the various functions of the accounting team
- Assists in monthly preparation of Management Accounts.
- Prepares and maintain fixed asset register as well as depreciation
- Reviews and evaluates all training activities with the department
- Develops service enhancements and monitor change in a financial environment
- Keeps abreast of newest trends and innovations in the hospitality industry.
- Generally being alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the department i.e. through controlling wastage and being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources.
- Takes a proactive approach to Accounting activity, anticipating potential opportunities.
- Maintains effective communication within the department and ensure that the Accountant is kept well informed of any problems/queries that have arisen.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of local experience is a similar position
- Hospitality experience would be considered advantageous
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Education & Experience
Partly Qualified through ACCA or similar
- Health insurance
- Complimentary meals
Job Reference: EM657
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.