Our client, operating within the shipping industry is looking to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager to join the team. Whilst overlooking the Finance Department as a whole, the chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the supervision and direction of the Finance department
- Managing the transaction and financial accounting processes
- To prepare timely & regular financial reports and other reports and analysis as required
- To reconcile monthly bank statements, handle discrepancies and problems
- To oversee the accounts receivable collection and accounts payable payments, ensuring that income and expenditure are charged to appropriate accounts
- Preparing timely management accounts and other information relevant to business performance within strict deadlines
- Formulating budgets, forecasts and other financial plans.
- Identifying simplification, and cost-reduction opportunities within the business
- Submission of VAT returns and assistance with relevant tax returns
Skill-sets and Requirements
Partly qualified accountant or Final stages of ACCA
Education & Experience
Good career prospects with the possibility of advancing further and eventually taking over the department
Job Reference: FG699
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.